This exercise is a very simple way to increase your thoracic mobility without requiring any equipment (except a chair/couch!). Sprinkle this in throughout the day if you're feeling stiff while stuck at your desk.
- 1Line up the back rest to the level JUST BELOW the point you want to mobilise
- 2Place your hands on opposite shoulders
- 3Take your elbows up to the roof
- 4Do NOT move your head until your elbows/shoulders take it up with them
- 5Extend back over the fulcrum of your back rest
- 6Aim for 20-25 reps at any one time, the goal is easy rhythmic movement - NOT pushing yourself into excessive extension.